I'm a fan of media but don't get to spend as much time with books as I'd like. I buy a lot of them but don't get to read all of them. Someday I will. Anyway, a couple years ago I picked up House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski after I heard that Anthony Green (Circa Survive) wrote a song based on the book. I checked out a copy at Barnes & Noble and the text was not written left to right but rather in columns, footnotes and in some cases just a word or two on a page. I had to buy it and I loved it. It required lots of attention to get through and follow the text/characters but it was well worth it.
I just picked up MZD's latest novel Only Revolutions and started that this weekend. It's another interactive book since the book takes the perspective of two different characters where one page is written normally and the other side upside down. To read the book, you read 8 pages starting from the "front" cover, flip the book over to start reading 8 pages from the at the "back." I use quotes because there is no true front or back. You go through the book alternating characters, flipping the book every 8 pages. It's an interesting way to read. I'd like more books like this.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home