SXSW Day 0
Yesterday was my travel day to Austin. The flights were uneventful with the exception of the delay at JFK. It wasn't long but the flight ahead of us took out a flock of birds upon takeoff so they had to clean the runway. I got to Texas around noon and got a tour of the city from a friend in town before going for some of the best tamales I've ever had. The city is clean, energetic and full of music with easily accessible venues everywhere. We'll see if the clean and energetic qualities remain after 1,400 (official) bands and thousands more attendees take the city on.
I had hoped to catch an interview with Chamillionaire followed by a short set at the Carver Museum but the massive rain kept me in. I got soaked walking to get my registration information (I'm staying a 30 minute walk from downtown) and wasn't going to go through that again. Let's hope the weather cooperates today.
I'm off to the sessions soon. I may write more tonight after the sessions and before the shows if I get online. If not, I'll check in tonight.
I had hoped to catch an interview with Chamillionaire followed by a short set at the Carver Museum but the massive rain kept me in. I got soaked walking to get my registration information (I'm staying a 30 minute walk from downtown) and wasn't going to go through that again. Let's hope the weather cooperates today.
I'm off to the sessions soon. I may write more tonight after the sessions and before the shows if I get online. If not, I'll check in tonight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home